These speeches reflect Dwight D. Eisenhower's values and accomplishments as a military leader, statesman, and thirty-fourth President of the United States. It is hoped that they will serve to stimulate and encourage the reader to learn more about this man who led the greatest military expeditionary force in history - a man who dedicated his life to the cause of universal freedom and to public service.
- Campaign Speech in Detroit, Michigan Regarding Ending the Korean Conflict, October 24, 1952 (WAV)
- Farewell Address to the American People, January 17, 1961 (MP3)
- Guildhall Address, London, England, June 12, 1945 (MP3)
- Order of the Day, June 6, 1944 (MP3)
- Satellite SCORE Goodwill Message, First Voice Transmitted in Space (MP3)
The text to most of the public messages and statements of the President of the United States that were released by the White House during the Eisenhower Administration, January 20, 1953 through January 20, 1961, may be found in the eight volumes, Public Papers of the Presidents: Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1953 - 1961. The items in these volumes are presented in chronological order, rather than being grouped in classes. Most needs for a classified arrangement are met by the subject index volume, The Cumulated Indexes to the Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States: Eisenhower.
"The Public Papers of the Presidents: The American Presidency Project" is an online resource that has consolidated, coded, and organized into a single searchable database the messages and papers of the Presidents Washington - Obama.
You may conduct text searches of the Eisenhower speeches in the Presidential Papers of the Presidents online at The American Presidency Project.
- 1953 Atoms For Peace Address (PDF)
- 1953 Inaugural Address (PDF)
- 1953 State of the Union Address (PDF)
- 1954 State of the Union Address (PDF)
- 1955 State of the Union Address (PDF)
- 1956 State of the Union Address (PDF)
- 1957 State of the Union Address (PDF)
- 1958 State of the Union Address (PDF)
- 1959 State of the Union Address (PDF)
- 1960 State of the Union Address (PDF)
- Chance For Peace Address (PDF)
- Farewell Address (PDF)